Our Commitment to Children's Privacy:
If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this service and disclose Personal Data with your parent or guardian’s verifiable consent. Wise Cells does not knowingly permit any individual less than 13 years of age to register directly for the Site unless Wise Cells reasonably believes the child's parent has consented to such registration and use of the Site. A school (or a teacher, on behalf of a school) may contract with us to offer our service solely for the benefit of its students and for the school’s system. It is up to the schools for which we act as a service provider to obtain the parents’ verifiable consent for the collection and use of their children’s Personal Data. Wise Cells requires schools, districts, and teachers to obtain verifiable parental consent from students’ parents before it allows us to collect children’s Personal Data. If Wise Cells learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Site without parental consent, then Wise Cells will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with the Site without your consent, then you may alert Wise Cells at email@example.com and request that Wise Cells delete that child's personal information from its systems.
The Information Wise Cells Collects
- User-provided Information ("Personal Data"): When you register for, browse and use the Site, you may provide to Wise Cells what is generally called "personally identifiable information" (such as your full name, email address, postal mailing address, institution name, birthdate, educational qualification, professional title, password and/or home/mobile telephone number). You may also be able to add a picture of yourself. When you order Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, which may include your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We also may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third party social networking or authentication service that we may make available ("Authentication Service"), such as Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook Connect or Google, Wise Cells may also collect any such "personally identifiable information" that you have provided to the Authentication Service from the account you have with the Authentication Service. You may revoke Wise Cells's access to your account on the Authentication Service at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Authentication Service. From time to time, Wise Cells may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving Wise Cells the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with Wise Cells, you are not anonymous to us.
- "Cookies" Information: When you visit the Site, whether or not you are a registered member, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on a website. Wise Cells may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. However, without cookies you will not have access to certain services and features on the Site.
The Way Wise Cells uses collected information
- General Use: In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. Wise Cells uses your Personal Data in the following ways: to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; to identify you as a user in our system; to provide improved administration of our Site and Services; to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services; to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created; to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; to provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters or surveys; to send upgrades related to our Services and for other marketing and general communication purposes of Wise Cells; and to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback. Wise Cells uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Use of "Cookies" Information: Wise Cells may use "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Wise Cells reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its discretion.
- Wise Cells's employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register as a member of Wise Cells. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstakes administration), but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Wise Cells may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Wise Cells; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Wise Cells or users of the Services.
- Social Networking Websites. We may from time to time provide applications for certain social networking websites (“Social Networking Websites”) (e.g., a Facebook application). If you choose to install and use those applications, Wise Cells may share information with the Social Networking Website to support your use of the application. For example, if you use the application to publish Wise Cells related notices on your Facebook wall, we will provide Facebook the applicable information. If you do not want us to continue to provide your information to the Social Networking Site, change your privacy settings in the Social Networking Site and in the application to opt-out of the Social Networking Site. If you opt-out, certain features of our Service and/or of the Social Networking Site may not be available to you. The privacy policies of the Social Networking Sites may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that we collect and disclose to such Social Networking Sites. Because we do not control the privacy practices of the Social Networking Sites, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
- Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical support, or provide specific services to Wise Cells. For example we use Google to provide document services. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Wise Cells. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
- Changes to Personal Data. You may change certain aspects of the Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within the Service or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
If you are located outside India then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of your region to the India and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to that transfer. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the India, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Security of Your Personal Data.
Wise Cells is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that Wise Cells cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen. Any content you post while using the Services is at your own risk. Although we may allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your account, please be aware that no security measures are impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your content or information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that content you post while using the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings contained on the Services.
Wise Cells Learning Solutions LLP
F-2, First Floor, Kanu Kunj,
L J Road, Mahim
Mumbai - 400025
Ph - 022 3223 2133
If you believe that Wise Cells has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Wise Cells by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
This document was last updated on September 02, 2012